Let InThink Guide Your World-Class Content Marketing
“Content is king.”
It’s one of the great cliches of the internet, right? While the saying may be tired, the sentiment is still spot-on. No matter how marketing changes, content continues to drive the internet. Think about it: no other aspect of marketing, advertising, or SEO can exist without content. Facebook ads need copy. Organic leads need blog posts and guides to interact with. Even billboards need a snappy one-liner or two.
No matter how you cut it, content is critical. In fact, it’s easily one of the most essential components of modern marketing. In many cases, it’s the only thing that sets you apart from your competition. When you create winning content, your business grows. When you fall short, you fall behind.
Luckily, InThink is here to help you make content that is as useful as it is engaging, for both your company and your customers.
How Content Marketing Works
“Content Marketing” is an umbrella term that refers to lots of different things. For example, content marketing is everything from writing a blog post with a strong CTA to creating a gated study your customers download after submitting an email address.
No matter what form it takes, content marketing uses organic content to attract customers. The content presents a “soft sell,” rather than blatant advertising. It may discuss a company’s offerings or services, for example, but the primary purpose of the material is to be informative and valuable.
Here are a few common examples of content marketing:
- A company’s social media posts
- A branded ebook or downloadable guide
- A company’s blog posts
- An email drip campaign
- Media covering a launch or event
- White papers
- Press releases
- And more
Depending on your needs and priorities, content marketing can take dozens of different shapes and forms. In fact, that’s why so many companies invest so heavily in it – it’s one of the most flexible and applicable types of marketing out there.
Content Marketing, by the Numbers
When brands commit to content marketing, great things happen. Here are a few stats to chew on:
- The global digital population currently sits at about 4 billion users
- 77% of U.S. adults go online daily
- According to CMI, organic content is one of the single most effective ways to promote your company
- Compared to paid marketing, content marketing generates 3x the amount of leads, per dollar invested
- Despite costing 62% less than traditional marketing, content generates 3x as many leads
- Today, the average person encounters about 5,000 ads per day, which means organic material is one of the only ways to reach ad-fatigued consumers
- Small businesses who have blogs earn 126% more leads than companies that don’t blog
- 61% of consumers make a purchase after reading recommendations on a blog
- Websites with blogs collect 434% more search engine-indexed pages than sites without blogs
- Companies that publish more than 16 blog posts per month earn 3.5x the traffic of companies who only publish 0-4 articles
Despite all these compelling statistics, about 63% of B2C marketers don’t have a content strategy. Don’t let yourself join the ranks. InThink can help you create a customized, effective content strategy today.
Why Content Marketing Matters for Your Business: 5 Primary Benefits
Today, great content is more than just a “nice to have.” In fact, it’s critical for any company that wants to grow and thrive in the modern world of marketing. Here are a few things investing in content will do for your business:
- Drive more on-site content
- Boost your visibility in search engines
- Improve your domain authority
- Increase your referral traffic
- Boost your conversion potential
Get started with high-quality content marketing.