Level up on Social Media Marketing With InThink
Let’s talk about your company’s social media marketing strategy.
Is it getting you anywhere? This might sound too direct, but it’s an important question. After all, social media marketing takes time. If it’s not creating the results you want, you may be misspending all that time If you’re putting hours each week into your social media marketing and not getting much back, what are your efforts netting you, really?
Right now, about 55% of marketers using social media say measuring the ROI of their social media efforts is their top social marketing challenge. If you’re struggling with social media, you’re not alone.
Luckily, InThink is here to help. Your trusted source for comprehensive, robust social media marketing services, InThink partners with brands and agencies who want to make their social presence count, starting right now.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is a catch-all term that describes the process of using social media to market to a target audience. Using platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or LinkedIn, social media marketing allows companies to share updates, promotions, and content with followers, thus engaging them organically and promoting follows and interaction.
Why it Matters to Your Business
Of all the marketing tactics available to brands right now, social media marketing is one of the most effective. Here are a few of the reasons it works so well for brands:
- Your customers are already on social. Right now, about 70% of the US population has at least one social media profile. By 2021, that number is projected to hit 3.1 billion worldwide users. By conducting social media marketing, you’re meeting your customers where they already are, which makes your efforts more likely to be successful.
- Social media is organic. Customers are more receptive to messages you spread through social than they are traditional advertising. Social media earns trust and builds connections.
- Social media is affordable. Social media marketing is much less expensive than other forms of marketing but offers a compelling, easy-to-access ROI.
- Social media marketing creates a steady flow of inbound traffic. If you want more inbound traffic, social media marketing can help create it. By providing another channel through which customers can interact with your company, social media offers authentic value and helps grow interest in your brand.
Social Stats You Should Know
Need more proof that social media marketing is effective? Here are a few statistics you should know:
- 95% of adults social media users ages 18-34 follow a brand on a social platform
- 71% of consumers who have had an excellent social media service experience with a brand will then recommend that brand to others
- 63% of customers want companies to offer customer service on their social media channels
- Meanwhile, 90% of social media users already see social media as a way to communicate with a brand or business
- 80% of digital companies online believe they deliver outstanding customer service. Unfortunately, only 8% of their customers agree
- Today, there are 3.3 billion global social media users. This equals 42% global penetration
- Visual content is more than 40x more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content.
Proving the ROI of Your Social Strategy
You know social media offers a compelling ROI, but how do you measure it for your brand? Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Start by understanding the purpose of your company’s social media. Before you can understand ROI, you’ve got to understand your goals. Are you marketing on social to boost brand awareness or to drive ads? Defining your goals is the first step in understanding your ROI.
- Measure those goals. Once you’ve defined your goals, you’ve got to track them. For example, if your objective was to get people to click on an offer, how many people are taking that action? The easiest way to track this is via Google Analytics.
- Track expenses. How much are you investing in your social media marketing? This includes time, content, social media tools, ad costs, and more.
Once you’ve determined these factors, you can get to work understanding your social ROI and making plans to improve it.
What are you waiting for?
Let InThink help you get social in the most effective way possible. Contact us today to learn more.